Are you choosing the perfect type of tile that could complete the design of your home? Well, here is a tile that could easily help you decorate your house. It has been around for many years now, and a lot of people choose this because of the beauty that it adds to your home. They are Sandstone tiles. They can be bought in different kinds of colors like tan, red, brown and gold. If you are really considering buying this type of tile, here are some advantages and disadvantages that you should know to fully understand this product:
• Natural beauty – sandstone tiles Brisbane offer stunning quality that you cannot easily find in the other tiles. It can be mixed to different colors that could easily satisfy every need of its customers, get more info about sandstone tiles in Brisbane.
• Durability –Sandstone is made from mountain cores; that’s why it has a very strong and powerful durability that, if maintained and cleaned properly, could last for many years and even decades.
• Unique pieces – Each paver of this tile has unique patterns and colors. Before it comes to small pieces, it is first processed and quarried in order to achieve the desired sizes.
• Texture – The sandstone goes through a process called “gauging” where it is being smoothen and processed. After this process, you can easily walk on it without hurting the soles of your feet.
• Eco-friendly – Sandstone is also biodegradable even if it is already processed. But this advantage could be different with every company because of their quarrying techniques and processes.
• Water absorption – Because it is made from mountains, it is known to be a porous material which is vulnerable to chemical damage like micro-bacteria, warping, stains and molds.
• Scratches – Even if it’s made from a kind of rock, this tile was still processed to become soft for humans to walk on it. That is why it is vulnerable to dents and scratches that can easily come from high heels, animals’ claws and accidents from items that are being crashed or smashed on the floor.
• Slippery – Even with different kinds of finishing polishes, sandstone can be very slippery when wet. It could be very hazardous if it was honed or polished. It is best that you ask the manufacturer first in order to know the certain precautions that you would need to do.
• Stains – Because it has 1 – 6% rate of absorption, liquid stains can easily penetrate into the sandstones. If there are accidents like spills, it should be cleaned as early as possible or else, the stain could be permanently included into them. It also has an alkaline substance, which means it could easily react to chemicals like soaps.